Sometime in either December or January, a guest post by me will appear on http://suesantore.com/! I don’t know the date yet, so keep watching this space for more information:
[The date: January 6th! :D]
Until then, I’d encourage you to click on that link and check out Sue’s website. She’s got lots of solid writing advice, and there’s a guest post every Friday!
Next bit of news!
About a month ago, Angela McGill gave me the Versatile Blogger Award!
She blogs about writing, animals, music, and other lovely things that you’ll just have to find out about when you go to her blog! Besides which, she’s extremely entertaining and one of the few people I’ve found that are willing to engage in imagining extended ridiculousness. If you’ve gotten any unseasonable hurricanes in your areas, that’s most likely because we were considering deep frying foods that should never be deep fried. :)
Now, when accepting this award, there are a few rules I have to follow:
1. Thank and link the person who nominated you.
2. Share seven random facts about yourself.
3. Pass this award on to 15 blogging friends.
4. Contact and congratulate the awarded bloggers.
So, I’ve fulfilled the first already. Onwards!
Seven random facts about me:
1) I’m just over five feet tall. Not quite 5’1″, but not a chance am I going to settle for saying I’m only five feet tall. I have my dignity to think about. ;)
2) Whenever people have asked for random facts about me, I’ve always mentioned at some point that I love pickles.
3) I love pickles.
4) Sometimes, I’m a smart aleck. (No, wait, I think we’ve figured that one out by now…)
5) I love puns. They’re just so… so… punny.
6) My favourite fairy tale is “East of the Sun, West of the Moon”, but I always mess up the ending when I tell it. Gotta go learn it properly someday. :)
7) I can wiggle my ears, but don’t ask me how. It just happened one day that I started being able to wiggle them, and I’m quite thankful that the ability hasn’t vanished as mysteriously as it came. Now, if I could only figure out a practical use for this…
The winners (in no particular order):
1) Rachael Stephen– Also known as Mythic Flux, Rachael blogs about writing, books, and vegan recipes. Really, I need to try one of those out. Chickpea Fried Rice, for example, sounds fantastic. *salivates* Also, she’s got a YouTube channel, and the video “The Heart of Storytelling” is pretty dang fantastic.
2) Mike Duran– Before I mention his blog: Mike’s first ebook is now available on Amazon and Smashwords! I haven’t read it yet, but I’ve been following his blog for a while, and he has really impressed me with his thoughts about horror, Christianity, Christian fiction, writing, etc. Every post has challenged me to think outside the box, and does so with an honesty that I really respect.
3) Stant Litore– When Stant first followed me on Twitter, I checked out his profile and saw that he was working on a series called The Zombie Bible. Unfortunately, my first reaction to any mention of zombies is uncontrollable laughter, but I read the descriptions of the stories, and I was hooked. I finished reading the first book last week, and I very highly recommend it -just like I recommend his blog! If you like zombies, you’d be doing yourself a disservice not to check it out.
4) Emily Casey– I love taking the time to see what’s new on Emily’s blog. Her optimism breathes through her words like a refreshing breeze. She enjoys messing up fairy tales, as will be seen in her first novel The Fairy Tale Trap, coming out next month! If you’re curious, she has the first three chapters available on her site, and she’s also having a book cover design contest, and the winner gets a $25 Amazon gift card. :D
5) Anne Lyle– Okay, so Anne has this crazy mojo where she finds some of the coolest sounding books to review. She’s also got plenty of awesome tech advice, and also has a book coming out next year (March for the US, April for the UK) called The Alchemist of Souls, which sounds rather epic in a Elizabethan fantasy alternate history kind of way.
6) Kat Anthony– If you follow me on Twitter, you may have seen me put up links to steampunk wonderfulness every once in a while. Well, Kat would be the one I get them all from. If I could base the awesomeness of people on whether or not they like steampunk, Kat gets full marks. :) Aside from that, her blog posts are very well-written, thoughtful, and often quite beautiful. Definitely worth taking a look.
Okay… now pretend that each of these entries represents two people, which means that I’ve awarded 14 bloggers. *coughs* In all honesty, I don’t read very many blogs yet, and the others I would have given the award already have it. This means I can still keep my pretty award, right? *looks adorable*
Well, think of it this way: this is a chance for you to tell me about your favourite bloggers, and let’s see if we can’t make this list a little longer. :) If you read a blog that you think is utterly sublime, then please leave a quiff on this post with a link, and I will check them out.
Have a lovely week and keep on being fabulous!