In the beginning, there was…
…the greatness behind the void.
…the Living Power who sleeps.
…the World’s Substance.
…the Vast Sea.
Humans do not know how the world came to be, and if the Immortals do, they aren’t telling. What the religions, the histories, agree on are piecemeal:
- The fall of nations into the ocean
- The divine protection of those who survived
- The existence of evil that seeks only to destroy
- The existence of magic, of power beyond what humans can wield
No matter how many writings have been preserved, no matter how well-thought out the arguments, we no longer know what makes up the world.
All we have left are the stories.
The Stories of Erd and Tewald
- “Elf-Touched” – Dreaming of Her and Other Stories – Published in 2012