Jean Schara nominated me for the Liebster Award, one of those cool blogging awards that are basically interview memes, and are a great way to find out about awesome people online. (Which means Jean thinks I’m awesome. Omg. Thank you, Jean!)
Also, because I’m a geek, I double-checked what “liebster” means in German, because I recognized that it is, in fact, German. It means “dearest”, so the award is the “Dearest Award”. Which is really cute. :)
1. Who is your favourite author?
Madeleine L’Engle. :D
2. If you had 3 wishes what would they be?
Okay, this is something I’ve actually thought about, ever since I first heard about genies and three wishes, and I still can’t come up with what my wishes would be. It’s rather upsetting.
3. If you were given a free round trip ticket to anywhere, where would you go?
Everywhere on my list for my trip in 2016. Because that is definitely a thing that’s happening. But, if I really have to pick just one location, I would go with Hanover, Germany, because I have a friend there that I’ve been wanting to visit for years. (And, yes, my list for 2016 includes Germany.)
4. Would you rather live near the ocean, forest, mountains or the fourth option;)?
Forest. So long as there’s still plenty of open sky around said forest. I rather like open sky. But I also like forests. You will find lots of them in my stories. I bet you anything, whenever I end up writing an urban fantasy something, there will be a forest in there somehow.
5. What is your favourite genre of music?
O.O Music? I’m terrible at music genres. I just… like music. Right now, I’m listening to Beethoven’s Ninth Symphony, but I’ve also been listening to a lot of Imogen Heap lately. Occasionally, I also listen to Homestuck music, but I’m not sure if that’s because I like or if that’s because I think how it connects to the comic is hilarious. I also have two CDs by Tanya Tagaq out from the library, as well as a CD of music from around the world, all of which I have yet to listen to in their entirety, but I look forward to it.
So, yeah. Music.
6. Plane, Train, Boat, Car or other for vacation travel?
Flying carpet. Obviously.
7. Where is your favourite place to escape from the daily grind to?
My head. :P But, seriously, my mind is a fantastic place to escape to. So long as I also live outside of it. :P
8. What is your best memory? (You probably have several, but pick one)
I like to tell about how I was late for my very first day of school ever. We lived on an acreage with this long gravel driveway. The school bus would stop at the end of this driveway when it came to pick us up. The only wrinkle was that this bus of ours tended to come early, and my mom didn’t know that.
So there we were, eating breakfast, when we see the bus pull up. My mom panics, and the movement in the house resembles a hurricane.
Our house was also a bit unusual in that our “front” door, the one we used as our entrance, was actually on the side of the house. The actual front door was highly inconvenient for various reasons, so we almost never used that entrance. The only problem that day was my mom was painting the door of the closet by our “front” door, and so that whole area was unusable.
Which meant that, before we’d taken five steps along the driveway, we got an excellent view of the yellow vehicle head right up the hill and away.
My mom then got me into the car and drove me, and I was never late for school again for as long as we lived there.
9. Do you have a hobbit? if not, what would you like to do for a hobby? ROFL @ SELF okay this error was too good to correct—go ahead tell me who is your favourite hobbit?
Pippin. Pippin is definitely my favourite hobbit. :)
10. What is the most memorable book you have read, or movie if not a big reader?
A Wrinkle in Time. Why else do you think Madeleine L’Engle is my favourite author?
11. Would you travel around the world in 80 days if you could?
No. That’s way too short. I like taking my time in places, so that I can soak up all the things, and so I can find all the cool things that aren’t tourist traps. I don’t particularly like tourist traps.
I mean, if the 80-day travel was like a teaser for longer travel, so I could get an idea of where would be cool to go to, and to get the ideas of what to do flowing, then sure. But as a thing in and of itself? Nah.
Ze 11 Random Facts
- One day, I will have a Bengal Cat as a pet. Whenever reality catches up to my imagination.
- The same with a mantid of some kind. Or multiple mantids of many kinds. :D
- I was on the wrestling team for one year in high school.
- This weekend, I started watching Attack on Titan.
- My favourite movie is Pan’s Labyrinth.
- I would absolutely love to go to Antarctica one day.
- I know how to ride a horse. So long as they don’t go faster than a trot.
- Archery is something I’d like to get better at.
- Speaking of archery, I plan on learning different draw methods. The Mongolian one looks particularly cool.
- I have never understood the use of hugging as a general greeting or farewell. I get it if you know the person well (like family), but just as a thing with everyone? That said, I’ll be polite and return the hug, because I do understand that some people consider it important, even if I can’t fathom why.
- Until yesterday, I didn’t realize that the general order of “dinner and a movie” was exactly that. I always thought the movie was first, then dinner. It seemed the most natural way to do things.
I actually have no idea how many followers these people have. They’re just really cool. So there. (Also, this isn’t a full list of eleven people because I don’t actually read very many blogs. Social media is where it’s at, yo. Also, I’m in university. SO MUCH TO READ, SO LITTLE TIME BEFORE THE ASSIGNMENT IS DUE.)
- Mike Duran at deCOMPOSE
- Stant Litore
- Teddi Deppner
- Lizzie Fowler at Wiggle List
- Felicity Hildebrand at Food, Faith and Fellowship
- Holli Margell at Holli with an i Photography (and Scratch Treehouse)
- Emily Casey (also read her blog Things I Never Said Before I Was a Mom. Pure hilarity)
- Liana Brooks
Ze New Questions
Let’s shake things up a little (I answered the same questions that Jean did, so it seemed appropriate to come up with some new ones):
- What is the air velocity of a laden swallow?
- What are your thoughts on Doctor Who? If you watch the show, what are your thoughts on Peter Capaldi as the Doctor?
- If you could have a non-pet animal as a pet (and such an arrangement would, in fact, work), what animal would that be?
- Do you think Pluto should be classified as a planet? Why?
- What is your favourite muffin?
- What is one restaurant you will never eat at again, ever? (And whatever did that restaurant do to you to deserve this?)
- If you were suddenly two feet shorter, what one change in your life do you think would be the biggest?
- What if you were suddenly two feet taller?
- How do you feel about pie? Not what you think about it. What are your feelings about it?
- What is something you did (or that happened) in elementary school (5-11 years old) that you are still absurdly proud of?
- Is there a dream you had as a child that has come true? What is it? If there isn’t one, what’s one that you’re working towards?
If these questions spark your interest and you want to answer them in the comments, go right ahead! They’re fun and silly on purpose, so let’s enjoy!